ARCADES technical reports, journal and conference papers
Preprints of all publications are provided in accordance to the Article 29.2 of the project’s Grant Agreement.
|1||Georgia Avarikioti, Ioannis Z. Emiris, Loukas Kavouras, Ioannis Psarros||High-dimensional approximate r-nets. (Preprint)||Published|
|2||I. Emiris, C. Konaxis, S. Kotsireas and C. Laroche||Matrix Representations by Means of Interpolation. (Preprint)||Published|
|3||I. Emiris, C. Konaxis and C. Laroche||Implicit representations of high-codimension varieties. (Preprint)||Published|
|4||E. Bartzos, I. Emiris, J. Legerský, E. Tsigaridas||On the maximal number of real embeddings of spatial minimally rigid graphs. (Preprint)||Published|
|5||Evangelos Bartzos, Ioannis Z. Emiris, Jan Legerský, Elias Tsigaridas||On the maximal number of real embeddings of minimally rigid graphs in R^2, R^3 and S^2. (Preprint)||Published|
|6||Yairon Cid Ruiz||A D-module approach on the equations of the Rees algebra||To appear in J. Commutative Algebra|
|7||Yairon Cid Ruiz||Bounding the degrees of a minimal μ-basis for a rational surface parametrization, (Preprint)||Published|
|8||Yairon Cid Ruiz||Regularity and Gröbner bases of the Rees algebra of edge ideals of bipartite graphs, (Preprint)||Published|
|9||Yairon Cid-Ruiz, Sepehr Jafari, Navid Nemati, Beatrice Picone||Regularity of bicyclic Graphs and their powers. (Preprint)||Published|
|10||Yairon Cid Ruiz, Aron Simis||Degree of rational maps via specialization||Submitted|
|11||Laurent Busé, Yairon Cid-Ruiz, Carlos D'Andrea||Degree and birationality of multi-graded rational maps||To appear in the Proceedings of the London Mathematical Society|
|12||Y. Cid Ruiz||Multiplicity of the saturated special fiber ring of height two perfect ideals. (Preprint)||To appear in Proc. Amer. Math. Soc.|
|13||T. C. Benítez, D. A. Cox, C. D'Andrea||The Rees algebra of parametric curves via liftings. (Preprint)||Published|
|14||T. C. Benítez, C. D'Andrea, and E. Montoro||Minimal solutions of the rational interpolation problem.||In press|
|15||L. Feng, P. Alliez, L. Busé, H. Delingette, M. Desbrun||Curved optimal Delaunay triangulation. (Preprint)||Published|
|16||Nicolás Botbol, Laurent Busé, Marc Chardin, Fatmanur Yildirim||Fibers of multi-graded rational maps and orthogonal projection onto rational surfaces||Submitted|
|17||Laurent Busé, Clément Laroche, Fatmanur Yildirim||Implicitizing rational curves by the method of moving quadrics. (Preprint)||Published|
|18||Ahmed Blidia, Bernard Mourrain and Nelly Villamizar||G1-smooth splines on quad meshes with 4-split macro-patch elements. (Preprint)||Published|
|19||A. Blidia, B. Mourrain, Gang Xu||Geometrically smooth spline bases for data fitting and simulation. (Preprint)||Published|
|20||Alvaro Javier Fuentes Suárez and Evelyne Hubert||Convolution surfaces with varying radius:|
Formulae for skeletons made of arcs of circles and line segments. (Preprint)
|21||Alvaro Javier Fuentes Suárez and Evelyne Hubert||Scaffolding skeletons using spherical Voronoi diagrams. (Preprint)||Published|
|22||Alvaro Javier Fuentes Suárez and Evelyne Hubert||Scaffolding skeletons using spherical Voronoi diagrams: feasibility, regularity and symmetry . (Preprint)||Published|
|23||Alvaro Javier Fuentes Suárez, Evelyne Hubert, Cédric Zanni||Anisotropic convolution surfaces. (Preprint)||Published|
|24||Georg Grasegger, Jan Legersky, Josef Schicho||Graphs with Flexible Labelings. (Preprint)||Published|
|25||Georg Grasegger, Jan Legerský, Josef Schicho||Graphs with Flexible Labelings allowing Injective Realizations. (Preprint)||Published|
|26||Matteo Gallet, Georg Grasegger, Jan Legerský, Josef Schicho||On the existence of paradoxical motions of generically rigid graphs on the sphere||Submitted|
|27||F. Patrizi, T. Dokken||Linear dependence of LR-splines. DOI: https://doi.org/10.13140/RG.2.2.20774.63043, https://doi.org/10.13140/RG.2.2.18926.51527||Published|
|28||F. Patrizi, C. Manni, F. Pelosi, H. Speleers||Locally linearly independent LR B-splines and applications to quasi-interpolation and simulations , (Preprint)||Submitted|
|29||F. Patrizi, T. Dokken||Linear dependence of bivariate Minimal Support and Locally Refined B-splines over LR-meshes., (Preprint)||Published|
|30||M. S. Floater, F. Patrizi||Transfinite mean value interpolation over polygons , (Preprint)||Published|
|31||A. Raffo, T. Dokken, O. Barrowclough||Piecewise approximate implicitization.||In preparation|
|32||A. Raffo, O. Barrowclough, H. Dahl, T. Dokken, M. Floater, G. Muntingh||Locally refined approximate implicitisation for design and manufacturing.||Published|
|33||A. Raffo, O. Barrowclough, G. Muntingh, V. Skytt||A machine learning approach to reverse engineering based on clustering and approximate implicitisation.||Published|
|34||A. Raffo, O. Barrowclough, G. Muntingh||Reverse engineering of CAD models via clustering and approximate implicitization, (Preprint)||Published|
|35||A. Raffo, S. Biasotti||Data-driven quasi-interpolant spline surfaces for point cloud approximation, (Preprint)||Published|
|36||A. Raffo, T. Dokken||Piecewise approximate implicitization with prescribed conditions using tensor-product B-splines.||Published|
|37||A. Raffo, S. Biasotti||Weighted Quasi Interpolant Spline Approximations: Properties and Applications.||Submitted|
|38||T. Katsoulis, X. Wang, P.D. Kaklis||A T-splines-based parametric modeller for computer-aided ship design. Ocean Engineering, vol.191, p. 1-17, 2019. , (Preprint)||Published|
|39||X. Wang, S. Chouliaras, P. Kaklis, A-A. Ginnis, C. Politis, K. Kostas||Wave-Resistance Computation via CFD and IGA-BEM Solvers: A Comparative Study.||Published|
|40||M. Jimenez, C. Müller, H. Pottmann||Discretizations of surfaces with constant ratio of principal curvatures, (Preprint)||Published|
|41||M. Jimenez, C. Müller, H. Pottmann||Surfaces of Revolution with an Affine-Linear Relation between the Principal Curvature Radii||In preparation|
|42||I. Emiris, K. Gavriil, and C. Konaxis||Interpolation of syzygies for implicit matrix representations||Published|
|43||Konstantinos Gavriil, Alexander Schiftner, Helmut Pottmann||Optimizing B-spline surfaces for developability and paneling architectural freeform surfaces, (Preprint)||Published|
|44||Konstantinos Gavriil, Georg Muntingh, Oliver J. D. Barrowclough||Void Filling of Digital Elevation Models with Deep Generative Models, (Preprint)||Published|
|45||Georg Grasegger, Jan Legerský||FlexRiLoG—A SageMath Package for Motions of Graphs.||Published|
|46||Sean Dewar, Georg Grasegger and Jan Legerský||Computing Animations of Linkages with Rotational Symmetry (Media Exposition).||Published|
|47||Konstantinos Gavriil, Ruslan Guseinov, Jesús Pérez, Davide Pellis, Paul Henderson, Florian Rist, Helmut Pottmann, Bernd Bickel||Computational Design of Cold Bent Glass Façades, (Preprint)||Published|
PhD Theses of ARCADES ESRs
The following PhD Theses have been completed as of October 28th, 2020.
- Konstantinos Gavriil (Evolute). Thesis title: “Interactive Freeform Architectural Design with Nearly Developables and Cold Bent Glass”
- Francesco Patrizi (SINTEF). Thesis title: “Refinement strategies and linear independence for LR B-splines”
- Yairon Cid Ruiz (UB). Thesis title: “Blow-up algebras in Algebra, Geometry and Combinatorics.”
- Alvaro Fuentes (INRIA). Thesis title: “Modelling shapes with skeletons: scaffolds & anisotropic convolution.”
- Jan Legersky (JKU). Thesis title: “Flexible and Rigid Labelings of Graphs.”
The ARCADES Book collects the project results of our ESRs. It contains the extended abstracts of the completed PhD Theses of the fellows. The book will be updated regularly to eventually include the abstracts of the theses of all 13 ARCADES ESRs. The full theses will be published in this page upon completion.
Final Open Workshop and Career Fair Booklet of abstracts
- Void Filling of Digital Elevation Models with Deep Generative Models. Author: K. Gavriil. Github: konstantg/dem-fill.
- An Isogeometrically enhanced Boundary Element Method (IGA-BEM) solver for simulating the flow around lifting flows developed in C++ and running in parallel using OpenMPI. Author: S. Chouliaras
- JA T-splines-based parametric modeler for computer-aided ship design for tanker and container ships. Author:T. Katsoulis.
- Enhancement of a T-splines-based surface modeler with a method for assigning parameter values to a mesh with extraordinary points and ensures their compatibility, i.e. non overlapping parameters for each parametric direction. Author: T. Katsoulis
- Skelton: A C++ library for the modeling with convolution surfaces. The library includes the anisotropic convolution formulation and the scaffolding algorithm. It supports line segments and arcs of circle as modeling primitives with integrated handling of G1 skeletal curves composed of such primitives. Authors: A. Fuentes Suarez, E. Hubert, P.
- Keda. With this library two plugins were developed: one for the 3D printing software IceSL (https://icesl.loria.fr/) developed by MFX team at Loria laboratories, and another for the modeling tool Axl (http://axl.inria.fr/) developed by AROMATH team at Inria Sophia Antipolis.
- PySkelton: Python module implementing the scaffolding algorithm and anisotropic convolution. User friendly tool that integrates the latest developments in research. Author: A. Fuentes Suarez.
- FlexRiLoG : SageMath package for studying flexible and rigid labelings of graphs. Author: J. Legersky.
Acknowledgements / EU funding visibility
Any dissemination of results (in any form, including electronic) must:
- display the EU emblem and
- include the following text:
- For communication activities: “This project has received funding from the European Union’s
Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under the Marie Skłodowska-Curie grant
agreement No 675789”.
- For infrastructure, equipment and major results: “This [infrastructure][equipment][insert type
of result] is part of a project that has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon
2020 research and innovation programme under the Marie Skłodowska-Curie grant agreement No 675789”.
- For communication activities: “This project has received funding from the European Union’s
For more information on how to acknowledge EU funding see the : H2020 online manual